Coming Soon – New Posts for New School Year!

August 31, 2017 at 11:30 pm 5 comments

coming-soon-01

Well, I was just about to close up the place, when I go a couple volunteers to keep CPSObsessed going for another year.

A friend of mine who has an 8th grader (and a current high schooler) will be acting as CPSObsessed this year.   She’ll be assisted by our friends at Chicago GPS, the school consultants who run the Hidden Gems school fair each year (and already know a lot about the new application process.)  See their site here:

Chicago GPS

There will be a post coming soon that talks about the new application, then you can continue to use the blog as a place to share questions and answers.

My son will be starting high school on Tuesday.  sniff..sniff…  I really can’t believe it.  I’m still bracing for what will be our early morning schedule for 4 years.

So stay tuned.  More to come soon.

Elementary Magnet and Neighborhood School Letter Spring 2017 High School Application News – Fall 2017

• 1. Chicago School GPS  |  September 1, 2017 at 8:12 am

We are happy to help keep CPSObsessed the amazing resource that it is for Chicago families! Good luck to your son in high school, CPSO; it goes by super fast!!

Before I forget, I wanted to remind all non-CPS families looking to apply to 5th-9th grade this fall that TODAY (Sept. 1) is the deadline to register for the two Sept NWEA MAP test dates (9/23 & 9/24), and Oct. 2 is the deadline to register for the two Oct NWEA MAP dates (10/21 & 10/22).

• 2. JC  |  September 1, 2017 at 9:19 am

Again, THANKS a million cpsobssesed!
    You and everyone in this blog were tremendous help in our family’s CPS journey especially in patiently waiting for a late summer (OAE) call this year. Good luck!

• 3. VK  |  September 1, 2017 at 9:23 am

Can wait to get some guidance on the new high school application process for 8th graders. Will stay tuned.

• 4. Chicago School GPS  |  September 1, 2017 at 11:20 am

I will try to get a longer post up, but here is the start for current 8th grade families if they want to poke around on the constantly changing GoCPS website: http://go.cps.edu/how-to-apply/high-schools

There is a purple section if you are a current CPS family and a pink section if you are a non-CPS. Read those and then be sure to Activate your account by clicking the word “Activate” in the upper right of the screen.

CPS changes the content daily, so even a draft post I was writing a few weeks ago has different webpages up and the old ones are no longer…..lots of changes to keep up with! But it’s all with an end to be a one stop site for researching, applying and matching up to your school choices. We’ll see……

• 5. Depressed@CPS  |  September 2, 2017 at 11:32 am

Thanks cpsobssessed! This has been an invaluable resource over the years and my “go to” this year while completing the process of enrolling my son in K for 2017-2018. I know I speak for many when I say your hard work and dedication over the years is greatly appreciated!