Learn about Academic Center and SE High School Admissions
Selective Prep is offering free sessions (one is full, one is still open) to learn about the application process for Academic Centers (grades 7-8) and Selective Enrollment High Schools.
Master the complexities of the Selective Enrollment High School Admissions Process.
Explore the NEW application process/timeframes, competitive environment, points system, and strategies for success. Registration is limited to 40 participants.
Registration for SelectivePrep’s 2011 FREE High School Admissions Seminars is NOW open!
The open sessions are Sat September 17th (one morning, one afternoon session) at IIT.
- Who should attend: Parents of incoming 6th graders applying to Academic Centers and incoming 7th & 8th grade students applying to Selective Enrollment High Schools
- High School Admissions Seminars are limited to 40 participants
- Register now to secure your spot
- Seminar Agenda:
- Application process/timeframes. Outline of key dates and procedures
- Competitive environment. Statistics on latest scores and competitive trends
- Points system. Explanation of revised admissions criteria
- New developments.Discussion of NEW socio-economic admissions policy, single offer admissions, principal selection process, October re-testing and other relatively recent developments.
- Academic Center admissions. Overview of the process, timeframes, and test preparation
- Algebra preparation. Introduction to CPS’ Algebra Exit exam and preparation for high school math honors programs.
- Strategies for success:
- Investigation. Uncover the facts with proper research
- Calculation. Determine your status in the application process
- Preparation. Discuss the exam and the SelectivePrep program